We wish you a Merry Christmas!!
As the calendar year comes to a close, we are blessed to have the special opportunity to celebrate Christmas at Learning Ladders. Each classroom will be bustling with activity as we prepare for our Christmas programs, parties, and all the fun crafts that make preschool so much fun this time of year!
Following are some important upcoming dates:
December 10 – Christmas Program at 9:15 in the Sanctuary for the following classes: Ms. Vicki’s and Ms. Cindy’s VPK, Ms. Ann’s 3’s, Ms. Kristen’s and Ms. Jami’s 2’s – Reception following in the classrooms
December 11 – Christmas Program at 9:15 in the Sanctuary for the following classes: Ms. Tiffany’s and Ms. Nancy’s VPK, Ms. Ann’s 3’s, Ms. Nancy’s 3’s, Ms. Raegan’s 3’s, Ms. Kristen’s and Ms. Jami’s 2’s – Reception following in the classrooms
December 20 – Learning Ladders closes at 3:00
December 23 – January 3 – Christmas Break
January 6 – Classes resume
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.“ Isaiah 9:6
We have so many things to be thankful for and we are especially thankful for all of our Learning Ladders families! We pray that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving season!
Learning Ladders will be collecting non-perishable food items for the Mandarin Food Bank. Look for boxes in your child’s classroom beginning the week of November 12 if you would like to donate. Thank you!
Information regarding Operation Christmas Child will be sent home next week. This is a voluntary ministry that we participate in each year.
The Thanksgiving Feasts are Thursday and Friday, November 21 and 22. Please look for classroom specific information from your child’s teacher. We hope you will be able to join us!
We are in need of some preschool-size gently used extra clothes…pants, shirts, socks, undergarments, etc. Please drop off donations to Cindy Kirby. Thank you!
Please be mindful of using the appropriate parking spaces. Safety is our utmost concern. Your attention to this is so appreciated!
Important Upcoming Dates
November 11 Closed for Veteran’s Day
November 21-22 Thanksgiving Feasts
November 25-26 No M-F VPK
November 27-29 Closed for Thanksgiving Holidays
December 10 – 11 Christmas Programs
December 20 Close at 3:00 for Christmas Holidays
December 23 – January 3 Closed for Christmas Holidays
Enter His gates with thanksgiving,
and His courts with praise!
Give thanks to Him; bless his name!
It’s another busy month at Learning Ladders! October is loaded with fun autumn activities for the boys and girls! Please note the following dates and watch for your class calendar for specific dates and times for your child’s class.
- September 30 – October 4: Pumpkin Patch Visits – If you would like for your child to purchase a small pumpkin, please send $2.00 cash in an envelope with your child’s name and labeled “Pumpkin Patch”.
- October 1 and 2 - Chapel in the Sanctuary with Mr. Mike for our 3’s and 4’s classes
- October 7 – 11 - Fall Fashion Pictures – More information coming soon!
- October 14-18 - Parent/Teacher Conferences – Teachers will have sign-up sheets in the classroom.
- October 22-23 - Autumn Fest/Fall Parades – Classroom parties and parades showcasing the children in their “non-scary” costumes.
- October 25 - Closed for M-F VPK
- November 11 - Learning Ladders Closed for Veteran’s Day
- November 21-22 - Thanksgiving Feasts – Please note that these dates have changed.
- November 27-29 - Learning Ladders Closed for Thanksgiving Holidays
- Enrichment Activities (12:30 – 3:00 daily)
The afternoons at Learning Ladders are full of exciting activities! We’d love to have your child join us for one or more afternoons this month!
- Marvelous Mondays – Music or art based enrichment activities
- Totally Tubular Tuesdays – Literacy based enrichment activities
- Wonderful Wednesdays – Music or art based enrichment activities
- Thrilling Thursdays – Science and math based enrichment activities
- Fun Fitness Fridays – Physical fitness based enrichment activities
Notes: As the weather begins to change, please make sure the extra clothes sent to school are seasonally appropriate.
For safety purposes during rainy day pick-up, please pull around the corner of the building to buckle your child into the car seat. Additionally, if you choose to park during rainy day pick-up, please use the parking lot in the back so that you don’t have to cross between cars in the pick-up line. Thank you for your understanding!
It’s back to school time! Thank you for choosing us for your child’s preschool this year. We are looking forward to another fantastic year!
Following are some important reminders:
- Part-time preschoolers need to bring a morning snack and lunch each day. If your child is not full time but stays for afternoon extended, please pack an afternoon snack as well. Thank you!
- We encourage the children to wear closed in shoes for safety purposes. It is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Please be mindful of the handicapped parking areas. The ones closest to the building are always designated as handicapped parking, however, there are some further out in the parking lot that are designated handicapped parking only during church services. Please be sure to use a parking spot and not park along the curb or in front of the sidewalk area. Thank you for your consideration.
September 5th and 6th– Jaguar’s Day! Dress in your favorite Jaguar’s apparel as we “kick off” the new school year! Be sure to bring a camera as we will have some spots set up for photo ops!